SilkBalance water care expert and lead chemist, Colin Taylor, answers your questions in these short videos below.
You don’t need a water chemistry degree to enjoy your hot tub – that’s what Colin and SilkBalance is for!
Send new questions to email@example.com.
SilkBalance = Simple
- Can I wear jewelry in my spa while using SilkBalance?
- Why are bubbles forming when I use my spa?
The formation of bubbles when the water is aerated is most often due to above normal pH (greater than 7.6) and the presence of organic matter in the water. Check the pH and correct if required.
Alternatively, foamy bubbles could be the result of soaps or detergents coming from bathing suits or shirts worn in the spa. Be sure to rinse bathing attire and your filters before entering the spa. Normal filtration cycles will eventually work to remove residual soap and detergents as long as they are not reintroduced to the water.
- Is SilkBalance compatible with all salt water systems?
- Where should I store SilkBalance and what happens if the bottle freezes?
- Can I fill my spa with soft water while using SilkBalance?
- What can I do about cloudy water?
SilkBalance will NOT cause cloudy water. Cloudy water most often is caused by microbial contamination. Organic contamination comes from bathers (sweat, body oils, loose skin, cosmetic oils, etc). A sanitizer such as chlorine or bromine should be kept at 3 and 5 ppm. Four bathers using your hot tub for 20 minutes can reduce 5 ppm chlorine to zero. The chlorine must be replaced to keep the water clean and clear.
- What can I do about spa odors?
- What can I do about black spots on my spa shell?
SilkBalance will NOT cause spots on your spa shell. If you notice a spots on the shell underwater, this is usually the result of fungi in the water. Good sanitation with chlorine will control this.
The easiest solution here is to raise the level of chlorine for a short time (super chlorinate) so that the residue will be oxidized and become colorless and end up on your filters. Usually about 10 ppm chlorine will work. Let the chlorine level fall to 3-5 ppm before you use the water (approximately 24-48 hours).
- Is SilkBalance compatible with soft or vinyl spas?
- How long does SilkBalance last?
- Is SilkBalance spa water safe to drain on my yard?
- What is the best way to clean my filter?
- What are the best sanitizers to use with SilkBalance?
- How easy is the weekly maintenance with SilkBalance?
Once your water levels are balanced, SilkBalance acts as a buffer and conditioner to give you the best experience, making your water silky smooth, eliminating odors and making maintenance easy. You can eliminate the need for many common commodity chemicals. Simply pour SilkBalance in your hot tub once a week and maintain sanitizer levels between 3-5 ppm.
- What is SilkBalance?
SilkBalance is the only water care system developed and tested with real science that allows hot tub owners to enjoy silky, soft sensations along with balanced pH and alkalinity. The patented formula helps your sanitizers work better, eliminates the need for more than a dozen common commodity products, neutralizes odors and protects spa parts.
- Is it possible to use too much SilkBalance?
- How can I contact SilkBalance for water care questions?
Fill out the Contact Us form HERE
- What are some of the main SilkBalance benefits?
- A message from Colin the SilkBalance chemist