3 Easy Steps to Spring Clean Your Hot TubPublished :
It is the time of the year again where many hot tub owners will start their season. Now, hot tub owners, please raise your hand if you’ve ever dreaded your hot tub water. When you lift your cover, you’re hit with a smell you don’t like and a water color that is not appealing. It’s daunting enough trying to keep up with your weekly spa maintenance program never mind cleaning your hot tub inside and out.
Well, there’s good news. Getting into a “Spring Cleaning” mode for your hot tub doesn’t have to be an all-day effort. With the right SilkBalance products, you can easily make your hot tub perform like new and the water inside it sparkle for months to come. When we’re done discussing these 3 simple steps to spring cleaning your hot tub, you’ll know exactly what to do, how easy it is – and you might even want to do it a few times a year once you understand the process. Ready? Let’s jump in – literally!
- PURGE YOUR SPA PLUMBING LINES
Most spa owners don’t realize that it takes a very short period of time for bacteria to rapidly multiply in spa water. The proper way to remove Biofilm buildup from your spa’s plumbing lines is to use CLEAN START from SilkBalance right before you drain your old spa water. This product works in less than 30 minutes!
Once a Biofilm colony forms chlorine and bromine CAN NOT kill or remove it!
- You must REMOVE filter(s) and any ancillary items such as salt cells, in-line sanitizers, in-line mineral cartridges, etc.
- POUR entire bottle of CLEAN START from SilkBalance into spa water. Do not drain your spa,
- RUN all jets and waterfalls for 15-30 minutes on high. (For best results the water temperature should be at least 90 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- DRAIN AND REFILL
- DRAIN the water and rinse/wipe the spa shell and jets.
- REFILL with fresh water.
- REPLACE filter(s) and any other ancillary items.
- ADJUST water chemistry: pH 7.2 to 7.6, Alkalinity 80 to 120, Hardness 100 to 250, Free Chlorine 3 to 5 ppm.
- ADD 4 oz of SilkBalance or try the new SILKBALANCE GEMS. ONLY ONCE A WEEK FOR GREAT WATER MADE EASY
- ADD one per week.
- ENJOY crystal clear, balanced, odor-free spa water that feels silky and soft!
Now you’re ready to enjoy your spa water. And next time, you will know how quick and easy it is. Let us know what you see, feel and smell after trying this. Send us photos or ask our certified chemists a question at email@example.com. Join the conversation at https://www.facebook.com/SilkBalance.
Here’s a helpful video: How to Use Clean Start
By Eric Vician
Director of Promotions & Key Accounts